Friday, March 30, 2007

Mr Fred Rogers

I haven't really thought about Mr. Rogers since growing up. But it is a given that when I have children I want them to watch his show. I saw this video yesterday:
Mr. Rogers talks to the US Senate via Soulemama
And it made me cry out loud. He talked about how he ended the show each day with, "You've made this day a special day, by just you being you. There's no person in the whole word like you and I like you just the way you are." I think more children need to hear this.

I bought this book for my Dad for his birthday, but never ended up giving it to him. So after watching that video I started reading it. It is filled with little quotes by him and I think everyone should read it. He was such a wonderful man, filled with kindness and love for all of his "neighbors".

No comments: