Friday, May 18, 2007

It all goes back to AMC

I sometimes like to think about what a different person I would be like if I had decided to go straight to a four-year university after high school. I was completely registered and then decided that I should drop out because I was in love and we were going to move to Minnesota and be together forever. Yeah, that relationship lasted another six months before it fizzled, and I was left wondering what the hell I had done.

I love my life now and the person I have become. I can't even fathom how I would be different if I didn't go through what I have the last six years. I also like to go back and think about how I got here:

My father loves movies. All growing up he got me into great movies like Army of Darkness, Clockwork Orange, and To Kill A Mockingbird. All during middle school, I went to the movies every weekend with my friends.
1998 This love for movies caused me to get my first job at the local AMC Movie Theater, also because it was the only place that hired 15 year olds. I met Kerri and Laura there, who became my close friends.

2001 I met the above Minnesotan at Laura's apartment the summer after high school, which caused me to drop out of college.

2002 I got a job as a hostess at Red Lobster after that, because Kerri worked there.

2003 July. Kerri and I became friends with a server named James. We hung out at his house a lot and I ended up meeting his friend Ashley, who had moved here from Fort Collins. She became a close friend.

2003 October. Ashley and I didn't have jobs, so she suggests we go to the temp agency Manpower. I got the job, she didn't. I was hired on by the company I was temping for and am still there.

2004 October. I hung out at Ashley's house a lot and on Halloween she had a party. A local band named John Denver's Last Flight played. Ashley started going out with the bass player, Matt. I met the guitar player Brad, but thought he was too drunk and too loud.

2004 December. Brad and I had become friends and I had a crush on him.

2004/2005 New Years Eve. Brad and I make out. We have been together since.

No comments: