Thursday, May 17, 2007

School

By December I will finally be done with my two-year Associates Degree from Mesa Community College. It has only taken me six years! So in Spring 2008 I should be starting at ASU.

I have been really struggling to pick a major. There are so many choices and I'm not sure what I would be good at or love doing. But something was recently added as a choice and I think it may be my major: A B.A. in Sustainability. It is actually not even going to be a undergrad major until Fall 2008. I am so excited. Here is some tidbits:

B.A. students will be able to:
  • Understand the concepts and methods of environmental economics, sociology, anthropology, environmental politics, ethics, design, and human geography relevant to the sustainability of environmental resources and social institutions.
  • Apply these concepts and methods to developing sustainable institutions for water, land, air, and urban management at the local to global level.
  • Evaluate the sustainability of environmental institutions, legal frameworks, property rights, and culture.
I am really interested in the environment and helping to change things, but I did not want to go into the science part of it. I think this is perfect.

No comments: