Thursday, August 07, 2008

High School All Over Again

There are some major cliques at my work. Women in their 30s and 40s are way bitchier and Judgy Judgersons than girls in high school. Some of the things they say about each other are brutal! I don't even want to know what they say about me behind my back, and I don't really care.
I sort of transcend the cliques, flitting from one to the other, just like I did in high school. Eating lunch one week with one group and another the next. But that also means I am not that good of friends with any of them because they don't trust me as much. It would be nice to be really close to someone at work; to actually have something in common with someone.....maybe in another five years of working here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
You're absolutely right. I tend to stick to myself. Comes naturally anyway, but at work it's almost self-preservation. Don't let the cliques bother you; focus on your creativity instead. They'll never understand that : )
Cheers,
Rob