Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jury Duty

I finally have Jury Duty this Thursday. I have always wanted to do this. I still have to call on Wednesday afternoon to make sure I actually have to go in, so wish me luck. I actually squealed when I found out, I really am excited.

To get ready for it, I watched 12 Angry Men. I had never seen it and it was amazing. I love how you don't know any of their names and they don't show any of the trial. The one racist dude kept going on and on about "those people" but I didn't know what people he meant. They show the defendant in the beginning and I think maybe he was Italian or Puerto Rican but I couldn't quite tell. The only reason I would guess Puerto Rican is because of West Side Story and the issue the "Native" New Yorkers had with the immigrants. Most of my historical New York history knowledge is based from movies, sad isn't it?

After 12 Angry Men, I had to put on To Kill A Mockingbird, which is one of my most favorite movies. The name Harper (from the author Harper Lee)is definitely in the top running as the name for a future daughter. I love Gregory Peck in this movie and to a lesser extent Robert Duvall. I always wanted Atticus Finch to be my father. I cry in the courthouse scene every time.

No comments: