Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Money

One of our goals this year is to save money; we need to buy a new car, and want to buy a laptop. I am not one of those people who always gets new cars; but if we have a kid at some point, I don't think they will want to be strapped in the bed of my truck. Hopefully after getting a new car I will not have to get another one for ten years.

Here are some of the things we are changing and how much it will save us:
Canceled Sirius radio :sob: $14/month
Changed Netflix from four at time to two at a time: $10/month
Canceled gym membership :joy: $20/month
Stop eating out as much. This will save at least $100/month

After one year, that should save us around $1728. Also I have stopped drinking soda, that is not really for saving money, more my health and the environment; but it can't hurt. If I get water every time we go out instead of soda, that should save some money. $1700 is not that much, but it will feel so good to have actual money in our savings account.

No comments: