Thursday, June 25, 2009

My life has changed..... and my blog

Okay, so I don't think I mentioned this, but I was looking into beauty school for a while and a few weeks ago I actually signed up, and this week I started! Monday night was orientation and we got our kits then. It was amazing, I got about $1000 worth of stuff all at once like a blow dryer, curling iron, flat iron, shears, clippers, clips, manicure set, and the list goes on. I am doing it full time so I go Tuesday through Saturday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. I have been home without a job for so long that it is great to be around people again. Although beauty school is very drama filled. Imagine 10-20 girls in a room for seven hours a day. Yeah.

Tuesday (first day of class) we learned how to shampoo a client. Wednesday we did our first haircuts (on mannequin heads of course). Today we put perm rods on our mannequin heads. It is so fun.

On the diet front I am only down about 15 pounds. I really need to up the exercise, that is my main problem. I am doing fine on the diet front. My new drinks of choice are the Sobe water and Vitamin water; the ones that are sweetened with Stevia (a natural sweetener). Low carb, but still taste great. I think just being at school should help with the physical fitness part at least a little since I am on my feet most of the day.

If you haven't noticed I completely changed the look of my blog. I added a Twitter widget because I actually update that more than I have been updating my blog.

Whew, that was a lot of info to take in, huh? Well again I will try to update more, especially about beauty school and what I am learning.

No comments: