Monday, June 12, 2006

The Break Up

I saw The Break Up last Wednesday, and I liked it. Although my expectations were too high. I couldn't stop thinking about it for hours after I got home. Of course it made me cry, but what movie doesn't.

I think it would have been better with a different girl. I'm sorry to say, I don't really like Jennifer Aniston as an actress much. Next to Joey, she is my least favorite Friend. But everyone else was great, Vince Vaughn, Vincent Dinofrio, Joey Lauren Adams, Jon Favreau, Jason Bateman, and even Peter Billingsley (Ralphie from A Christmas Story).

The movie had a great script which was co-written by Vince Vaughn. It really showed off his acting abilities, not just his comedy. What I thought was ridiculous was the whole premise of the movie. Not that they break up and have to live together, or that she really doesn't want to break up at all, that is believable. But I can't believe that she breaks up with him, is treating him like shit, and dating other guys all so that he will CHANGE. Never going to happen. Try a little effing honesty and a little less nagging.

I always usually agree with the guys in romantic comedies. The girls do nag, they do expect too much. I have learned this in the long run though, don't let someone get away with something that bothers you, because if you don't tell them, they will just keep doing it until you explode with anger. I'm suprised Brad doesn't nag me with all the shit I leave all over the apartment for weeks. Tissues from when I was sick last week? Check. Clothes I wore 5 days ago on the living room floor? Check. He's a keeper.

No comments: