Wednesday, January 02, 2008

bye, bye, bye 2007

I got these questions from here, via here

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

Got engaged!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't remember if I had resolutions, but see my last entry for this year's resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes, my two closest friends both gave birth. One on 11/27 and one on 12/10, both were boys
4. Did anyone close to you die?

No one very close to me, but my great aunt did die from cancer, and my second cousin was in a hit and run accident. Although it is sad for those left behind, I never feel sad for those who die; they are now a part of everything.
5. What countries did you visit?

Um, only the one I live in sadly. :( If my reader(s) want to donate $3500 I can go to Europe this year with my Geography professor this summer.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

A baby; but that would not be "good" this year. That is tentatively planned for 20010. I am surprised I will actually be getting married before I have a baby, who knew! I would like to have a husband this year.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Well the births of the two new babies I got to meet, and the date I got engaged (Christmas Eve).
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Finishing my classes for the fall semester.
9. What was your biggest failure?

Not being ready to go to ASU this spring
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nope. But that could be because I don't do much. There is not a lot of ways to get hurt while laying on the couch.
11. What was the best thing you bought?

Hmm, well now my copy of Offbeat Bride by Ariel Meadow Stallings is turning out to be my best buy. I bought it long before I was engaged, because I love her blog.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Hmm, I can't think of anything.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

No one I actually know, but Britney Spears mads me sad and appalled. She is rich, she doesn't always need to be driving her own car or leaving the house to get Starbucks everyday. I am sad for her and her family.
14. Where did most of your money go?

Rent.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

My friends having babies. I love living vicariously through other people!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks
Animal Collective - Peacebone
Black Flag - Nervous Breakdown
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Let the Cool Goddess Rust Away
Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up to Dry
The Knife - Heartbeats
I may have heard some of these in 2006, I just can't remember, the years run together.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?

a) happier
b) same
c) poorer, but I guess it is by choice. I work part time during the school semester.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Traveling and going outside.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Less watching of the TV.
20. How did you spend Christmas?

Christmas Eve and morning were spent with my family, then we drove to Taos, NM to spend the rest of the week with Brad's Mom and Step-Father.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

More and more each day. (awwwwww)
22. What was your favorite TV program?

Too many to choose from. The Soup became one of my favorites.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

No, not that I can think of.
24. What was the best book you read?

With by Donald Harington
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

I am happy that I no longer know what is popular. I never listen to local radio stations (I have Sirius) and people will bring up a song and I never have heard it. I like discovering music I like, not liking music because it is pushed down my throat by Clear Channel.
26. What did you want and get?

Engaged (wow, it is great to use this for all my answers).
27. What did you want and not get?

A new car
28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Superbad or Knocked Up or Dan in Real Life
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 24 in 2007 and I had a get together at my apartment. I think that was the one time I actually got drunk this year.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

$1000000
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

Comfortable, jeans, tshirts, a hoodie zip up jacket, and slip on flats.
32. What kept you sane?

My personality, I am not one to stress about anything. I don't let things bother me.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I developed an Alan Rickman major crush this year.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Environmental ones, our breaking of the Geneva Convention, and generally just how this administration breaks laws without any consequences.
35. Who did you miss?

It seems although I have grown closer to a couple of people from our group of friends, the rest of the group seems to be growing apart. I have only been around for three years, but they have all been friends for more than ten years, so I am sad that we may be moving in different directions.
36. Who was the best new person you met?

Malia, a girl in my geography class. I actually haven't talked to her since the semester ended, but I plan on continuing the friendship.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007

Don't try to change yourself to fit society, try to change society to fit you.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Joy and Pain, Sunshine and Rain.

No comments: