Monday, July 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Candace!

My little sister turned 22 today. Last year I posted pictures of her as a kid on my Flickr. They are still on there if you would like to see them.

In our family, on our birthday's, we go to a restaurant with my Dad, and for dinner with my Mom, she makes any thing you want.

So Saturday night we went dinner at Red Lobster. I know my sister likes it there, but I think she chooses it mostly for me. I love Red Lobster. I worked there for over a year and I still love it.

Then last night we went to dinner at my Mom's house. We went swimming, and my Mom made spaghetti pie and dump cake. Spaghetti pie is spaghetti with about a pound of cheese mixed in and then baked. It is something my Grandma used to make and my sister loves it.

You may know the desert, dump cake, by other names. You dump a can of cherry pie filling and a can of crushed pineapple in to a rectangle pan. Then cover that with a bag of dry yellow cake mix. Then you cut a stick of butter into thin slices and cover the top. Then bake it at 350 degrees for 45 min to an hour, it should be golden and bubbly. It is super sweet, but so easy and delicious.

Thankfully there was so much food last night that both my sister and I were able to take home left overs. I am eating some right now. hmmmmm

No comments: