Monday, September 22, 2008

Wedding Update

Wow, here is an update on my previous list. A lot has been done. I am a lot less stressed now that my Aunt will be the Wedding coordinator for the actual day. She is a kick ass organizer.

Things I need to do:
* buy hosiery (spanx?)
* find a cake topper Found Lego Bride and Groom on ebay
* make play list for CD favor, make over 100 of this CD, find way to package CDs
* find wedding mad libs for favors Just bought Mad Libs In Love on Amazon.com
* buy sharpies and paper for guest book pages
* find/buy shoes with one inch heels I got flip flops and blue converse
* go to the party rental place to look at linens and reserve linens, tables, chairs, and perhaps lighting
* call and reserve a margarita machine
* figure out what to do about makeup and hair (do it myself or find someone to help me)
* go to target and buy strings of garden lights that are hopefully on sale.
* think about what to buy my bridesmaids as gifts we are going to get manicure/pedicures for everyone
* buy the rings I got a gold band, and a tungsten carbide ring for Brad; both on Amazon.com
* think about what ceremony/vows we want to use From the Union by Robert Fulghum
* go to a feed store to look at/buy tubs for drinks my step-mom is in charge of drinks, I think she is just getting blue plastic tubs, but I will not stress about this at all. I have delegated this.
* pressure groomsmen to go and get fitted for their tuxes and get their shoe sizes in order to buy them Chuck Taylors for the wedding the groomsmen have been fitted and their converse shoes are on their way right now. I heard one of the groomsmen was very drunk at the time of his fitting, nice.
* cry because we are not going to have pie like we envisioned, and probably not coffee either. have gotten over it
* buy teeth whitening kits for Brad and I. Still need to do this, will go to Target today.
* exercise every other day or so. Look into Brad joining my gym (yay exercise buddy!). Plan to continue doing this after the wedding as well. yeah, not being done right now. We are too stressed to do that until after we move (where we will have an exercise room
* freak out about my horrible skin. stop picking at face (which goes against what I've always done), wash face every day. Working on this, still have many spots, damn adult acne
* get the marriage license To be done this week
* get my hair cut and colored. Appointment on Thursday for haircut
* convince wedding parties to dance a certain first dance with Brad and I (Amber had a great idea and I don't want to spoil the surprise)
* stress about the rehearsal because it is not going to be at the actual wedding site, so I guess it will be a pseudo rehearsal.
* figure out who will give speeches and let them know.


The wedding shower went very well. No one ended up spending the night or drinking because we are all old party poopers. But I got some great gifts and had fun talking to Laura, Christy, and Amber for a long time after the party was over.

No comments: